Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mini & Adult Bowden

Mini Bowden My Way.

My sister told me she loves Mini Bowden clothes for her girls but can't afford the price tag. Well, that got me thinking, I can make my own Mini Bowden clothes for kids and adults. I took a look at their web site for a couple ideas, but my Nieces know what they like so I decided to make my own versions of these clothes.

I went to Wal-Mart and bought 3 shirts a little dress and 2 Adult Tee shirts. Every item of clothing was under $6.00 that is a deal!
 
I went home and pulled out all the old scraps of fabric I had and started to draw simple designs on paper as a template. I put the fabric face to face, traced around the template design, then using my sewing machine I straight stitched following the design. Make sure to leave an opening to   turn the pattern right side out. From here I ironed and pinned the design onto the garment. Sew and it's done!   Really simple!

My Nieces are going to love these one of a kind clothes! 
I am so excited to wear my Butterflies!

These instructions are pretty easy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! I LOVE the horse shirt..well all of them are so darn cute! I am putting together an email of tips that have worked for me :)
    xo
    Lina

    ReplyDelete